Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Fabric Bomb Has Gone Off...

...and I'm too lazy to iron.

Ok, so it's not so bad as all that.  I've just not dented the stack seen here, and considering that I posted that on January 4, 2010, that's a crying shame.  Even more disturbing is that I have more fabric coming - thanks to fabric.com giving me a 30% off coupon, and having delicious prices on delicious fabrics.  My shelving units are about to explode.

I think, when tax refunds arrive, I will have to 'treat' myself to two black bookcases on which to store fabric, a new iron, a table-top ironing board like this - and OH MY GOD.  It's on sale for $15!!!

Ahem...

I think, when tax refunds arrive, I will have to 'treat' myself to two black bookcases on which to store fabric, a new iron, a table-top ironing board like this, a new chair to work from as I sew/blog/roam the internet/scrapbook, good fabric scissors, as well as a few other office/organizing essentials.  Perhaps an Ott-Lite.  We'll see about the last one.  I'm right by the window, so I get great lighting during the right hours.

I've actually gotten a fair bit of work into my sewing area tonight.  Mostly picking up the havoc that the kiddo wreaks when he wants mommy-time, and figuring out where everything will go.  It's just a lot of fabric, really, once the tools are actually put away. It's also determining what I actually want in arm's reach.  What tools do I really use on a regular basis?  Just a lot of little evaluations that need to be made.

It's getting there though.. It's looking more and more like a workspace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!