Sunday, February 20, 2011

Laffy Taffy Basket with Borders!

Yesterday was the second, first official meeting of the Rock River Modern Quilt Guild.  There were four of us:  myself, Sandi of Piecemeal Quilts, Melinda of Quirky Granola Girl, and Beth of A Wandering Mistrel I.  I love that my group of fellow, local quilters is expanding.  Melinda and Beth are great, and I look forward to getting to know them better!

Don't get me wrong - I love the online quilting community.  It's expanded my horizons so much!  There's just no substitute for being able to get together and chit chat while we work on our projects.


So, while we sat and talked, I worked on adding the borders to the Laffy Taffy Basket.  I ended up buying three more fabrics for the borders - it was just too boring with the selection I had.  Really, there wasn't enough randomness to the strips comprising the corner triangles.



I'm really happy with the progress thus far, but now I'm waiting...

Waiting for what?

My Accuquilt GO!

Yeah, I gave in.  It was on sale at Joann's for $199, along with some of the dies that I wanted, so I gave in.  I'm just waiting for it to arrive at my home now, and then I can start on the applique portion of Laffy Taffy Basket.  Now, I just have to watch for die sales - I still want the Double Wedding Ring, and a few others, but I'll hold off for a bit yet.  There's other things I need to buy - like a new vacuum.

2 comments:

MariQuilts said...

yah, the new vacuum not as much fun...right? It's looking good. The Go Cutter is great you'll enjoy.

quirky granola girl said...

looks great! :)

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!