Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Farmer's Harvest!

As I type this, my little boy is sleeping in my lap, exhausted from trick or treating for his first time, not having a nap, and having been in school today. He was Thomas the Tank Engine, and not entirely sure about the whole process of knocking on stranger's doors. He caught on pretty quick when he realized that candy was the reward though!

Tonight, I have more Farmer's Widow blocks to share. I cannot wait until I get some more sewing time. I really want to work on other projects, but right now, one block at each stolen moments session seems to be all I get to accomplish.
#010 Bowtie
#010 Bowtie
More fussy-cutting fun! The butter yellow is a Jinny Beyer print. The white/blue print I found in Joann's nursery section. I thought it was too pretty and clean to put in an infant quilt.
#015 Buzzard's Roost
#015 Buzzard's Roost
I ended up admitting defeat and paper-piecing this one. My original plan had been to make six flying geese units, but I kept losing triangle points, and that's just not acceptable.
#020 Churn Dash
#020  Churn Dash
I'm forcing myself to incorporate pink into these blocks. However, I must say I like the contrast of the more modern dot print against the very traditional tone on tone black print.
#026 Cut Glass Dish
#026 Cut Glass Dish
So many freaking HSTs, and finishing at 1"!! I was very glad to sew the last seam on this one. I was going to use a more geometric print for the orange, but kiddo got to my pre-cut pieces with his own scissors. I'm just lucky he didn't attack the strips that were precut for the HSTs.
#031 Evening Star
#031 Evening Star
I hadn't realized, when I was piecing these, that my Evening Star and Buzzard's Roost were going to come out so similar. I might re-do one or the other... On the other hand, there's a lot of blocks, and I can just place them far, far apart in the top.
#034 Flock
#034 Flock
Aqua, raspberry, and paisley! Love :)
#084 Spool
#084 Spool
Much happier with this iteration of Spool. I've had the gray background fabric forever, along with some coordinating prints. I've been collecting grays with pink and red in them for a Lone Star quilt.

That's it for this Farmer's update. I'm headed for bed.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad your little fella enjoyed his first Trick or Treat experience.

Needled Mom said...

What a day it must have been for that little tank!!!

I love the blocks. The fussy cutting really pays off especially in the first one.

Unknown said...

Love your blocks! What size do these finish at? (asked while I go back to count your finished 1" HSTs!)

LittleBook said...

Cut glass dish is next up on my to do list. I'm dreading that one, but I really like how you did yours.

**nicke... said...

oh i love them all so much! i wouldn't redo the two that look a little alike. i would do just as you thought and place them far apart. you will never notice their similarity when you have them all done.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!