Anywho... This is what I get for having a Joann's two doors down from work, and for loving color and pattern.
The photo shows off what I've managed to acquire since the beginning of the year. What you see there is 28 yards, and that's not all of it. Just what is washed and ironed (I prewash everything!). I am so disturbingly ill, but I just can't find the willpower to find a cure.
Looking over this fabric, I am struck by the range of patterns and colors. I don't normally stick to a 'genre' of fabric, the way some of my quilty acquaintances do. I just have to see potential in a fabric, and it will probably make it into my stash.
Speaking of the stash... With these purchases, I have officially broken the 400 unique fabrics mark. It's funny, too, looking back. Some of these fabrics are from when I first started quilting, 15 years ago. The way my tastes have migrated from very traditional, tiny prints to, well, anything under the sun, just strikes me.
I wonder if I'll break the 500 mark before the end of the year. I don't know if I can afford to! My fabric closet is running out of space!
On that note, I'm going to escape to my sewing machine while the going is good. Zeb is asleep, and I've dug out one of my tops that was just awaiting the last borders to be put on (again with the prerequisite cat):
Not one of my favorite tops. My original intention had been to have the entire top be composed of the black bordered blocks. That failed when I discovered that I didn't have enough of that black fabric.
Not being one to give up, I decided to switch tactics and throw in big squares of coordinating florals.
I've been sitting on the coordinating border print for a while. Just didn't have the ambition to sew it on. Now, I do. I've got my Little Gracie II and my Janome 1600P, and I want to put them to use. This particular quilt will be the first one I machine quilt AT ALL, as well as the first on my new set up.
So, shortly, I'll have those borders on, and I'll press that top one more time. After that, I just have to purchase more muslin for my fabric leaders and some tubings for the Fabri-fast system, and I'm ready to start quilting!
I'm off to sew!