Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Never Say Never...

I'm still working on 'Escapees'.


I know!  I know I said that I was done with it, that I had machine-stitched the binding and:


"It's still not perfect, but it's better, and something I'm going to just live with, since there's no way in heck that I'm going to hand-stitch that sucker down."
I lied.


Well, not really.


I just kept looking at the back of 'Escapees', and my fingers kept twitching for the seam ripper.  So, August 19, I ripped all the stitches out - for the third time.  Yeah, that's two days after I posted that I was done, for those us keeping track.  It wasn't good enough for me, because I know I can do better than the half-assed job that I had done.


Tonight, I bit the bullet, and began hand-stitching(!!!) the binding down.  Thank goodness for Netflix, and the arrival of the first disc of Castle: Season One.  (I highly recommend this show, btw!!  I LURV me some Nathan Fillion!)  I worked through the first four episodes for a second time, first getting dinner ready, then hand-stitching while Zeb slept on the sofa.


I've got a lot more to go.  I don't even want to think about it, but I have to say, I'm much, much happier with the way it looks now.  I might have to convert to hand-stitching all of my binding down in the future.


Now, I'm off to break out the thimbles, since I'd forgotten how tough hand-stitching could be on naked fingers, and get back to hand-stitching.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!