I can't believe that tomorrow is Christmas, and that we are just a week away from a New Year. Happy Holidays, everyone, and thank you for sticking around while I figure out sewing around my schedule.
So, anyway, today is Christmas Eve. Guess what I was doing?
Actually, I finished this last week Saturday, along with the binding. I even got a portion of the backing done. It was an AWESOME sewing day.
I used some of my absolutely favorite fabric in the backing - Alexander Henry's "flora de los muertos" from 2004. (Yeah, I've stashed fabric for seven years. Haven't you??) I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but there are skulls interspersed through the fabric.
I bought almost a full bolt of this stuff. I wanted to quilt with it, and my husband wanted a Hawaiian shirt made of it... I can tell you which one actually happened ;)
So, anyway, the stats on this quilt.. the top measures 64" X 64", with sixteen 16" finished blocks. I couldn't tell you how many different fabrics are actually in this thing. I just cut until I thought I had enough strips. I spent two and a half hours this morning pinning the hell out the quilt sandwich. My goal is to be done quilting this by Monday evening, and, yes, I do have a plan for quilting it.
I'm determined to have a finish this year!