I've been collecting fabrics that have black, yellow, gray and white in them for about two years, spurred on by the Eclipse fabric line by Exclusively Quilters. This particular BOM seemed like the project to finally use them.
I forget how far we're actually in - we didn't get started right away with the New Year, but I chugged ahead in a rush and got five blocks done. Well, four, really, because I have to re-do one.
The yellow fabric is from Eclipse. The gray is a print I picked up at Joann's.
All three prints in this block are from Eclipse.
Both prints are from Walmart. They're not as crisp as the other prints, but they'll blend in the final product.
The gray stripe is from Joann's, and the yellow print is from the Eclipse line.
This is the one I have to re-make. It's (somehow) one inch too big all around, and I didn't rotate the white and black nine-patch sub-units correctly. All fabrics a re from Joann's.
I've also (finally) decided on a setting that I want to use, but it provides setting places for a total of seventeen blocks. This is cool. I just need to pick and choose those five more botanical themed blocks. Also, I ordered Stash Spring 2010, because the Eclipse line is in that EQ7 collection, and it was on sale. So, very soon, I'll be able to color in my design with my actual fabric.
And, yes, I know that I could have scanned the fabrics in, and made my own previews. I always have issues with large scale prints when I do that. So there ;)