From there, the sewing machine and I were pretty inseparable. Weirdly enough, I've taken to calling my sewing machine "Bessie" in my head. Is that weird? Anyway, barring a small incident where Bessie decided to hork up a lint ball 1/4" in diameter and I had to clean out the lint and oil her moving parts, things moved pretty quickly.
This was where I stopped Wednesday night. Thursday night left off with the nine patch blocks finished, and the top partially done. Friday night, at about 1 AM, I was left with this:
I got into a determined frame of mind, and by 1:30 AM I had the 1" red and black border pieced and added. I debated staying up later to add the last border, but I had Stitch'n'Bitch in the morning. I held off finishing up until after show and tell, then got that bit done:
That's it! One week of sewing like crazy, and I have a top done! I'm so excited. I've already got the binding decided on. Now just to cut the binding and piece the backing. I'm hoping to be able to pick up batting next week, but we'll see if I get around to Joann's. I might not, since we're stopping at a quilt shop Saturday morning, and I think I'd rather buy fabric.