Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Love...

...when my sandwich goes from being three distinct layers to being a quilt.
It's practically magical for me to feel that floppy trio of layers take on that newly quilted feeling.  It's the feeling that I look forward to the most.  There's nothing like feeling the bite of the rotary blade into a bright, new fabric, but nothing tops the effect of stitching top, batting, and backing together.

Almost as good is that satisfying little 'clink' of the safety pins hitting the bottom of the bowl.  It's the sound of progress.
Life is good right about now...

2 comments:

JeanR said...

Today is a good day for quilting, I just finished a baby quilt on the long arm. How big is the quilt you are working on. Tomorrow I plan on doing a 68x88.

The_Grey_Cat said...

This quilt is just a small wall hanging, approximately 36" X 47". I've decided on all straight line quilting since I don't feel like getting it on the frame.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!