Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Farmer's Wife QAL - Three More!

Yes, these are that addicting! I'm sure Dear Jane blocks will be that way too, once I'm back into the swing of things with making those. Since all of the Dear Jane blocks I'd made so far are lost to my toddler, I get to start all over. Thank goodness I bought lots of extra fabric!
#111 Wrench
This is the last of my blocks using this particular combination of fabrics. Like I said, I just couldn't bring myself to waste the HSTs. Now, I'm officially sick of them and want to move on. Very simple block; it's a nine-patch grid. No templates or paper-piecing necessary at all. All seams were pressed open.
#061 Northern Lights
Another super simple block, no templates or paper-piecing. Depending on which definition you want to use, this could be a four patch, or an 8-grid.
#092 Streak of Lightning
I couldn't think of any way to make this block in a non-fiddly manner. I simply chain-pieced each line of this block and then sewed those together. I pressed all seams open for flatness.

2 comments:

GamerChickFTW said...

That's really cool. I always wanted to be able to quilt but I'm lazy lol. I can knit but I don't do that. I even tried bringing my knitting needles with me here from home but it just kind of sits and gathers dust. Plus it's not very attractive for a 21 year old to knit ;) lol. <3

Bailey said...

I read your post over on yahoo, but don't know how to respond. Yes, I would be interested in tutorials or how to break it into rotary directions and paper piecing. I would love it!

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!