I finally finished cutting my Double Wedding Ring pieces!! Unfortunately, my GO! DWR die set started to warp, like my first die set. Worse, I am now out of Amazon's return window to get them replaced again. This irks me, because the DWR die set is regularly $90. I don't really want to re-buy it, because I got them on sale the first time around, and I'm rather of the view that something that costs almost $100 should last quite a bit longer.
I will admit that I've put the die set through quite a bit of use. Of course I have. My DWR is going to be massive. Check out the numbers below, so that I can make this baby queen sized:
72 centers needed
161 EACH left and right green arc ends
161 EACH left and right orange arc ends
483 green arc centers
483 orange arc centers
That's 1843 pieces. I am CRAZY.
Post cutting, I have a ton of mindless chain piecing to do, because that's like 75% of the piecing in a DWR. After that, I can move on to adding the completed arcs to the footballs.
I have to admit, I've been bad.. I got distracted by Farmer's Wife blocks. They're so addictive! Plus, I got irritated by really aggravating paper piecing instructions, since I'm NEVER going back to piecing by templates again. Seriously. NEVER. AGAIN. (I have a mental image of myself in a Scarlett O'Hara pose, holding a fistful of fabric scraps, 'cause I'm crazy like that.)
Okay, I'm off to count footballs and to chain piece like crazy, and to also do two more Farmer's wife blocks before the new week starts tomorrow.