Wednesday, April 28, 2010

EQ7!!!!

So, I've just been made a happy, happy, deliriously joyful camper!


EQ7 releases on July 7, 2010!


*insert girlish squeal of delight here*


I have EQ5, which I used quite a bit to design quilts.  Then came the new computer, and I misplaced my disks for quite a while, during which time my brain decided to purge any knowledge I had of EQ5.  I determined that I would upgrade to EQ6, but that determination was fairly recent.  Like, a month ago recent.


But now, I'm telling my husband that I don't want a birthday gift in May.  I will happily wait the additional three weeks to obtain a copy of EQ7.


I'm very excited.  Why?  Because I have a lot of very pretty fabric awaiting the installation of a design program on my computer(s).  I've just been reluctant to cut into it without a plan.  I like plans.  I like knowing how much of said pretty fabric is going to be utilized, especially since I've been enamored of the idea of doing coordinated pillow cases and such.


Also...  EQ7 will be Netbook compatible!  Oh, be still my beating heart!  I am made a little bit more complete with this little tidbit.  My Netbook has been my constant companion since its purchase in March.  The fact that I will be able to take my design software with me wherever I go, even to guild meetings...  Teehee!  I'm like a child in a candy store at the very idea.


And for those of us with multiple computers (there are a total of five computers in my home)...  Well, Electric Quilt Company says it far better than I do:  "You’ll never run out of EQ7 activations! Activation and deactivation is as easy as two clicks of the mouse. Install on as many computers as you like and quickly transfer activations from computer to computer. This new policy gives you complete freedom to manage your own activations — and no dongle to worry about!"


And now, here's the truly delicious news (which I would love to hoard to myself, and increase my own chances of winning, but it's truly too wonderful to not share)...  Ten lucky, lucky bloggers will win their own copy of EQ7, along with one more to give away to a lucky, lucky reader.  I have fingers and toes crossed, hoping, because that would just an awesome thing to have happen to this modest little blog.


So, here's to hoping.  I'm throwing my hat in the ring.  


Because I EQ.  Do you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I am a little bit annoyed by this release, because I just got EQ6 for Christmas and there was no word that they were working on a new one then. *pout*

Otherwise, very exciting!!

brzeski said...

I think you've talked me into it. You should get a commission. :)
Corinne

brzeski said...

Mary - I know what you mean, but it does say on the EQ website that an upgrade from 6 to 7 software is $58.00. So I think they want to cut you recent buyers some slack, which is nice.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!