Thursday, August 26, 2010

Think Modern Thursday #4 - Proposal Moon by Jacquie

I have to apologize for the lateness of this post... I ended up working a different shift than usual, and it threw off my whole day!  I actually almost forgot that it was Thursday today.

This week I'm pleased to bring you a quilt by Jacquie from Tallgrass Prairie Studio.  Check out her flickr for more views of her quilty goodness!

Now, before I get into her the actual top that I've selected for this week, I just wanted to share with you all my love for Jacquie's quilts.  In my humble opinion, Jacquie's work achieves the aesthetic that I picture in my head when I think 'modern'.
First of all, I love the inspiration for this quilt.  It's such a sweet story.  

I'll be honest... I don't have a lot to say about this particular quilt top.  There isn't much to be said, that the picture doesn't say for me.  Yeah, I really do love this top to bits!  Anyway... 

I am addicted to gray in quilts.  It's probably my favorite neutral.  Gray has such a wonderful way of reflecting the hues in the surrounding fabrics, rather than absorbing them, like black, or diminishing them, like white.

I am also, still, very addicted to graphic black and white prints, which Jacquie makes such wonderful use of here.  And, I really dig that persimmon orange solid.  It's such a rich contrast to the gray solid.

I really enjoy the fact that this quilt isn't perfectly symmetrical, yet has a beautiful balance to it.  It just shows us all that we don't have to ensure that each quadrant of a quilt is the mirror image of its opposite.

When I asked Jacquie for permission to post about Proposal Moon here, she was kind enough to tell me that she was working on the back of the quilt and was hoping to start quilting it soon.  I'm so excited to see what the final product looks like!  

Thank you very much, Jacquie, for allowing me to show off Proposal Moon for this edition of "Think Modern Thursday!"

1 comments:

Cecily said...

Wow, I really like that. It's stunning.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!