Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Blocks - Bento Box

Two pink and white Bento Box blocks for clumsy_chord.  I couldn't help but use the pink skull fabric in the top block!  I love that fabric, and one day will find the right project to showcase the four yards of it that I own.

After having made these, I think I want to make more for myself.  They're super easy to put together, even without chain-piecing them together.

I think I only spent half an hour sewing each one, and only 10-15 minutes cutting them.

I just have to decide on colors and fabrics then...  That could be tough.  I have just way too many ideas running through my head at the moment.

I'm working on the give-away quilt - that will be in the final stages of piecing by the end of the coming week.  I've already decided on the quilting pattern, and the thread that I'll be using.  I'm taking a bit of a leap, and am going to try metallic thread.  Depending on the sort of time I have left once I'm near finishing, I might even attempt to add some bling to the top.  Hmm.. speaking of thread, I need to pick up some more basic black.

I think I might pick up two more batiks to throw in tomorrow morning, when I run to Joann's to use my coupons.  I just realized that I have two more batiks in my stash that I could add in, but I need batiks in groups of four.

Thank goodness I'm going into Joann's with a plan of action tomorrow.  I'm too tired to think of anything else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!