Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cheating on the Farmer's Wife...

...and using up stash at the same time.
Cheating on the Farmer's Wife...

After making Bright Flowers for the Farmer's Wife Sampler:
#073 Rainbow Flowers
I realized that the block is, in essence, one quarter of a Bento Box Block.  I then decided that this would make a nice, quick, and easy project.

I was right about easy, it's been a couple of weeks, and I've only made eight full blocks as shown in the top photo. I'm refusing to purchase anything for piecing this top, so when I'm out of aqua and purple strips, I'm out. The top will be done at that point. I've think I've decided to quilt this with circles, to contrast the very strong straight lines of this top.

I've also decided that I'm ignoring where seams don't match up exactly. This is my 'easy' project for the year, which means it's the one the project where I just let things happen as they will.

So, this is where I've been for the last couple of weeks. I'm going to finish this top as soon as possible. I want to start actually quilting something soon.

1 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the Bento box blocks, Its on my "to do list" I've always imagined it as scrappy, but love your controlled colour palett

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!