Monday, March 21, 2011

A Start on Jane

This has been an extraordinarily productive weekend for me!  Sunday evening, I cranked through six of the Dear Jane Blocks.  I have to re-do one of them - I'm not sure how it ended up the way it did, but it's clearly in need of replacement.  But that's a task for tonight.  I forgot to bring Fabric Color 7 with me to re-cut while I'm at lunch.

I-2 Kaye's Courtyard
A-6 Uncle Homer

H-13 Farm Field
C-1 Trooper's Green Badge

I-3 Family Album
I-6 Adelaide's Apron Strings

Fifteen more and I'll be caught up with Sandi!  Which is the goal of course - I hate being behind.  And so long as I keep pre-cutting fabrics during my odd moments of quiet, I'll get there pretty quickly.  I'm hoping to actually be caught up by the end of the week -  there's a quilt-along I'm seriously thinking about joining in on:

block2
Beck of Sarcastic Quilter is hosting a paper-piecing quilt-along.  The block isn't an incredibly difficult one (thank goodness - 'cause I kind of burned myself out on stupidly intricate paper-piecing recently - and on a failed project even), but it lends itself to a lot of very interesting layouts.  Check out her introductory post here.  Beck gives you a supply list, several layout and color options, as well as yardages.

2 comments:

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Oh! Thnaks for the shout out! You should join, that's why I gave table topper options so it breaks it down to 4 blocks and borders if someone doesn't want to do a larger quilt.

I stopped over to see if you were hosting a double wedding ring quilt along (thought I read that on another blog) and I'm surprised to find myself very jealous over your Dear Jane start. They look great so far. I want to do a Dear Jane but I've promised myself I will not start it until next year so I can clean out some UFOs (best laid plans and all may be the death of me!)

Anyway, I hope you join along. It's my first as a host so it should be an interesting journey for all of us!

AnneMarie said...

Are you doing Jane in all Solids? I'm intrigued... I admit I'd love to tackle this one, but wasn't sure what direction to go with modernizing it.

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Random fact? Put it here!